The Culture Center was one of four permanent pavillions for the Shanghai World Expo 2010. Its oval shape resembles a flying saucer that appears to have landed from outer space.
The Culture Center’s cladding consists of nearly 30,000 triangular shaped honeycomb panels in XXL size. This extraordinary size could only be achieved using wide coil material of 2000mm width.
The pearlescent, high gloss EuraMica finish gives the building a crisp, fresh exterior. Especially by night, the light reflection makes the Culture Center a mystifying landmark.
Benefits of XXL panels:
- High performance
- Fewer visible joints
- Up to 2,000mm width panels
- Architect: East China Architect Design & Research Institute
- Cladding: Hunter Douglas – Quadroclad20
- Paint: EuraMica PVDF 3L Lum
- Colour: Pearl White Expo 2010