Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 28.36% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by ESR Cayman’s $5.2bn acquisition of ARA Asset Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 48 construction & real estate industry deals worth $6.5bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 67 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 42 transactions, representing an 87.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals capturing a 12.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry with $6.51bn, followed by venture financing deals totalled $14.53m.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 86.8% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $5.67bn, against the overall value of $6.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ESR Cayman $5.2bn acquisition deal with ARA Asset Management
2) The $272.09m acquisition of PicassoLimited and Yuuki Sangyo by ES-CON Japan
3) Hunan Friendship Apollo Commercial $76.86m acquisition deal for 41.5% stake in Hunan Shaoyang Friendship Apollo
4) The $59.13m acquisition of 60% stake in Xiamen Tengwangge Real Estate Development by Xiamen Tungsten
5) Guangdong Dongyiwan Group $58.77m acquisition deal with Foshan Pulida Technology