China's construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 29.2% in overall deal activity during Q2 2020, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 84 deals worth $6.03bn were announced in Q2 2020, compared to the last four-quarter average of 65 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 74 deals which accounted for 88.1% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with seven deals, followed by private equity with three transactions, respectively accounting for 8.3% and 3.6% of overall deal activity in the country's construction & real estate industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China's construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $5.93bn, followed by private equity deals totalled $96.32m.
China construction & real estate industry deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 47.4% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $2.86bn, against the overall value of $6.03bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CITIC Trust's $994.26m acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management
2) The $666.41m acquisition of Jinke Property Group by Guangdong Hongmin Enterprise Management Consulting
3) Dalian Jiaguan Guangcheng Corporate Management Centre's $426.59m acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Realty and DevelopmentLimited
4) The $409.86m acquisition of Hainan Guoshan Industrial, Hainan Guoxu Industrial and Hainan Hangpeng Industrial by Hainan Development Holdings Real Estate Group
5) Dalian Yida Service ConsultancyLimited's acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Property ServiceLimited for $359.01m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.