Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q1 2020 worth $3.25bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 69.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 46.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.1bn.
China held a 9.3% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $34.89bn in Q1 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 42 deals during Q1 2020, marking a drop of 37.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 25% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q1 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 52.6% of the overall value during Q1 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $1.71bn, against the overall value of $3.25bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q1 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Jinmao Holdings Group's $976.5m acquisition of Wuhan Huazi Enterprise Management Consultation
2) The $228.19m acquisition of China Vanke by Shenzhen Ying’an Financial Consultant Enterprise (Limited Partnership)
3) Sichuan Railway Industry Investment Group's $181.35m acquisition of Sichuan Road & Bridge
4) The $177.02m acquisition of Nanjing Inform Storage Equipment by Shanghai North Jingdezhen Ceramic Culture and Tourism Development
5) Shanghai Yujin Investments ConsultancyLimited's acquisition of Henan Central China Fuju InvestmentLimited for $145.28m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.