Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q2 2020 worth $5.93bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 46.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.07bn.
China held a 26.9% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $22.04bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 74 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 64.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 32.1% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 48.2% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $2.86bn, against the overall value of $5.93bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CITIC Trust's $994.26m acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management
2) The $666.41m acquisition of Jinke Property Group by Guangdong Hongmin Enterprise Management Consulting
3) Dalian Jiaguan Guangcheng Corporate Management Centre's $426.59m acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Realty and DevelopmentLimited
4) The $409.86m acquisition of Hainan Guoshan Industrial, Hainan Guoxu Industrial and Hainan Hangpeng Industrial by Hainan Development Holdings Real Estate Group
5) Dalian Yida Service ConsultancyLimited's acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Property ServiceLimited for $359.01m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.