Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q3 2019 worth $2.68bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 54.05% over the previous quarter and a drop of 40.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $4.5bn.
China held a 6.5% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $41.38bn in Q3 2019.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 45 deals during Q3 2019, marking a drop of 21.05% over the previous quarter and a rise of 2.3% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 51.1% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $1.37bn, against the overall value of $2.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Vipshop Holdings’ $421.05m acquisition of Shanshan Commercial Group
2) The $288.15m acquisition of Jinmao Hangzhou Property Development by Shanghai Maohuan Enterprise Management
3) Sichuan Languang Development's $250.96m acquisition of Chongqing Huajing Real Estate Development
4) The $219.27m acquisition of CMIG Futurelife Property Management by Tianjin Yachao Enterprise Management Consulting
5) Shanghai Hopson Property Development's acquisition of Hangzhou Dingrui Real Estate Consultancy, Hangzhou Xincheng Yuehong Real Estate Property Development and Hangzhou Yisheng Property Consultancy for $190.39m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.