Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q4 2020 worth $17.95bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 243.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 181.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.38bn.
China held a 29.9% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $59.95bn in Q4 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 111 deals during Q4 2020, marking a rise of 46.05% over the previous quarter and a rise of 56.3% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q4 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 81.2% of the overall value during Q4 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $14.57bn, against the overall value of $17.95bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $10.58bn merger of China Energy Engineering and China Gezhouba Group
2) The $2.22bn acquisition of Xinjiang Guanghui Industry Investment (Group) by Shenergy
3) Shanghai Oriental Kangqiao Real Estate Development’s $1.08bn acquisition of Guangzhou Greenland Real Estate Development
4) The $359.46m acquisition of Guangzhou Pincheng Real Estate Development by Guangzhou Kuangyu Investment
5) Xinjiang Tianshan Iron and Steel United’s acquisition of Xinxing Cast Pipe Xinjiang for $329.59m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.