Total Construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $340.2m were announced globally for July 2022, with the $272.84m acquisition of Vulcanic being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 91.8% over the previous month of $4.14bn and a drop of 94.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.41bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 54.24% with 27 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $312.66m in July 2022.
Construction & real estate industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 94.4% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $321.12m, against the overall value of $340.2m recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Spirax-Sarco Engineering $272.84m acquisition deal with Vulcanic
2) The $25.45m venture financing of 011h by A/O Proptech,AldeA Ventures,Breega Capital,Foundamental,Giuseppe Zocco,Redalpine Venture Partners and Seaya Andromeda
3) Huaxin Cement $10.08m acquisition of 6.19% stake in Chilanga Cement
4) The $6.5m venture financing of Adaptive Real Estate by a16z,AIRBASE,BoxGroup,Brex,Exponent,Ramp and Third Kind Venture Capital
5) Ertan Wittwer,Migros Digital Solutions and Serpentine Ventures $6.26m venture financing deal with Properti
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.