Total Construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $4.1bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the CRH $1.9bn acquisition of Barrette Outdoor Living being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 48.9% over the previous month of $8.08bn and a drop of 38.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.7bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.95% with 49 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $2.02bn in June 2022.
Construction & real estate industry cross border deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 96.3% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $3.98bn, against the overall value of $4.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry cross border deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CRH $1.9bn acquisition deal with Barrette Outdoor Living
2) The $1.2bn acquisition of Gorakhpur Infrastructure,Kosi Bridge InfrastructureLimited,Mumbai Nasik Expressway,Rayalseema Expressway and Simhapuri Expressway by IndInfravit Trust
3) SH Residential Holdings $514m acquisition deal with Chesmar Homes,CLM Mortgage,Entitled Insurance Agency and N Title
4) The $250m private equity of No Va Land Investment Group by Warburg Pincus
5) Qatar Investment Authority $111m private equity deal with Sk Holdco
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.