Total construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $5.57bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Colombia $2.21bn acquisition of SOCIMI and Tree Inversiones Inmobiliarias being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 335.2% over the previous month of $1.28bn and a drop of 16.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.68bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 20.34% with 47 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.61bn in April 2022.
construction & real estate industry cross border deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 90.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $5.03bn, against the overall value of $5.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Colombia $2.21bn acquisition deal with SOCIMI and Tree Inversiones Inmobiliarias
2) The $900m acquisition of Stanley Access Technologies by Allegion
3) GIC $890.46m private equity deal for 75% stake in The British Land Co
4) The $675m venture financing of The Boring by Brookfield Property Partners,Craft Ventures,Dacra Development,DFJ Growth Fund,Eight Partners,Founders Fund,Lennar,Sequoia Capital Operations,Tishman Speyer Properties,Valor Equity Partners and VY Capital
5) Industrial Opportunity Partners $350m private equity deal with CNH Industrial
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.