Total construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $5.9bn were announced globally for November 2021, with the $4.06bn private equity deal with alstria office REIT-AG being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 10.4% over the previous month of $5.37bn and a drop of 24.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.85bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.77% with 52 deals in November 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 57 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $4.69bn in November 2021.
construction & real estate industry cross border deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 86.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $5.15bn, against the overall value of $5.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management $4.06bn private equity deal with alstria office REIT-AG
2) The $386.95m acquisition of Eacom Timber by Interfor
3) Heimstaden Bostad $295.78m acquisition deal with Kojamo
4) The $210m venture financing of NoBroker Technologies Solutions by General Atlantic,Moore Strategic Ventures and Tiger Global Management
5) Yew Grove Reit $202.71m acquisition deal with Slate Office REIT