Total construction & real estate industry deals for December 2019 worth $9.58bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 49.4% over the previous month and a drop of 40.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $16.16bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 25.7% over the last 12-month average with 156 deals against the average of 210 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $4.86bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in December 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 44.6% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $4.27bn, against the overall value of $9.58bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KIRKBI Invest and PAI Partners’ $1.55bn private equity deal with Armacell International
2) The $915.68m acquisition of Hansteen by Potter UK Bidco
3) Anhui Expressway, China Merchants Expressway Network Technology Holdings, China Merchants Union (BVI), Jiangsu Expressway, Sichuan Expressway and Zhejiang Expressway's $688.5m acquisition of IC Ictas Construction / Astaldi JV
4) The $600.74m acquisition of Parco by J Front Retailing
5) Greentown Real Estate GroupLimited's acquisition of Shanghai Xinhu Real Estate Development for $515.66m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.