Total construction & real estate industry deals for November 2019 worth $18.54bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 34.1% over the previous month and a rise of 17.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $15.74bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.3% over the last 12-month average with 182 deals against the average of 210 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.63bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 64.7% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $12bn, against the overall value of $18.54bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Samhallsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden's $4.75bn acquisition of Hemfosa Fastigheter
2) The $2.4bn acquisition of William Lyon Homes by Taylor Morrison Home
3) Sunac Southwest Real Estate Development (Group)'s $2.17bn acquisition of Chengdu Global Century Exhibition & Travel Group and Chengdu Times Global Industrial
4) The $1.56bn acquisition of Continental Building Products by Saint-Gobain
5) AVIC Sunda Holding Limited's acquisition of China Merchants Property Management for $1.12bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.