Total construction & real estate industry deals for Q3 2020 worth $30.16bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 0.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 52.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $64.04bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.7% over the last four-quarter average with 551 deals against the average of 624 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $12.91bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 38.3% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $11.56bn, against the overall value of $30.16bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ABCI Global Opportunitiesâ ABCI China Rising Private Equity three Segregated Portfolio, Advance Power International, CC Eagle Investments, Chan Hoi Wan, China Dragon, Elite Explorer, Golden Fortune Holding, Huatai International Greater Bay Area Investment, Image Frame Investment (HK), SCC Growth VI 2020 B, L.P, Super Brilliant Investments, Tise Opportunity Fund I, Treasure Pitcher, Well Smart Developments and YF Evergreat Property's $3.06bn private equity deal with Mangrove 3
2) The $2.7bn private equity deal with Abu Dhabi Property Leasing HoldingRSC Limited by Apollo Global Management
3) Builders FirstSource's $2.5bn acquisition of BMC Stock
4) The $1.82bn merger of Japan Retail Fund Investment and MCUBS MidCity Investment
5) Apeiron Management and Apollo Global Management's asset transaction with Grandi Lavori Fincosit for $1.49bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.