Total construction & real estate industry deals worth $16.77bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $5.9bn private equity deal with Brookfield Property Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 9.9% over the previous month of $18.61bn and a drop of 8.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $18.35bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 25.94% with 157 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 212 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $8.12bn in January 2021.
Construction & Real Estate industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 88% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $14.75bn, against the overall value of $16.77bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management’s $5.9bn private equity deal with Brookfield Property Partners
2) The $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC by LafargeHolcim
3) The $2.64bn merger of Landcadia Holdings III and The Hillman Group
4) The $1.87bn private equity deal of Exeter Property Group by EQT Partners
5) Jiayuan International Group’s acquisition deal with Luyuan Investment Holdings for $934.57m.