Total construction & real estate industry deals worth $20.14bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $2.33bn private equity deal with Annaly Capital Management being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 47.6% over the previous month of $13.65bn and a rise of 20.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $16.69bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 31.90% with 277 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 210 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.98bn in March 2021.
Construction & Real Estate industry deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 54.5% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $10.97bn, against the overall value of $20.14bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Slate Asset Management’s $2.33bn private equity deal with Annaly Capital Management
2) The $2.29bn acquisition of Columbia Property Trust by 8F Investment Partners, Arkhouse Partners and AS8888
3) Corem Property Group’s $2.25bn acquisition of Klovern
4) The $2.11bn acquisition deal of ChelPipe by Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya
5) Kaisa Group Holdings’ acquisition deal with Hong Da Development & Investment Holding for $1.99bn.