Total construction & real estate industry deals worth $36.1bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $17.2bn acquisition of MGM Growth Properties being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 167.8% over the previous month of $13.47bn and a rise of 55.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $23.17bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 14.88% with 183 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 215 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $22.32bn in August 2021.
construction & real estate industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 84.8% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $30.6bn, against the overall value of $36.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) VICI Properties $17.2bn acquisition deal with MGM Growth Properties
2) The $5.2bn acquisition of ARA Asset Management by ESR Cayman
3) Castellum $4.1bn acquisition deal with Kungsleden
4) The $3.1bn acquisition of WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
5) Apollo European Principal Finance Fund III $998.26m private equity deal with Ente Nazionale di Previdenza ed Assistenza dei Medici e degli Odontoiatri (ENPAM)