Brookfield Asset Management’s $6.5bn private equity deal with Brookfield Property Partners was the construction & real estate industry’s biggest deal of Q1 2021 as deals worth $56.74bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 36.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 1.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $55.87bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.31% with 706 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 640.00 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $20.18bn.
construction & real estate industry deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 35.5% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $20.16bn, against the overall value of $56.74bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management’s $6.5bn private equity deals with Brookfield Property Partners
2) The $5.19bn acquisition of CA Immobilien Anlagen by SOF-11 Klimt CAI S.a.r.l
3) LafargeHolcim’s $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC
4) The $2.74bn acquisition of Forterra by Quikrete Holdings
5) Slate Asset Management’s private equity with Annaly Capital Management for $2.33bn.