Brookfield Asset Management’s $6.5bn private equity deal with Brookfield Property Partners was the construction & real estate industry’s biggest deal of Q1 2021 as deals worth $56.74bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 36.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 1.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $55.87bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.31% with 706 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 640.00 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $20.18bn.
construction & real estate industry deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 35.5% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $20.16bn, against the overall value of $56.74bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management’s $6.5bn private equity deals with Brookfield Property Partners
2) The $5.19bn acquisition of CA Immobilien Anlagen by SOF-11 Klimt CAI S.a.r.l
3) LafargeHolcim’s $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC
4) The $2.74bn acquisition of Forterra by Quikrete Holdings
5) Slate Asset Management’s private equity with Annaly Capital Management for $2.33bn.