Total construction & real estate industry deals worth $8.54bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $2.74bn acquisition of Forterra being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 63.7% over the previous month of $23.52bn and a drop of 56.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 24.64% with 159 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 211 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.69bn in February 2021.
Construction & Real Estate industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 75.4% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.44bn, against the overall value of $8.54bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Quikrete Holdings’ $2.74bn acquisition of Forterra
2) The $1.6bn private equity deal with Interior Logic Group by The Blackstone Group
3) Caribbean Hero (HK)’s $989.76m acquisition of Shanghai Xinbao Enterprise Management
4) The $608m acquisition deal of RentPath by Redfin
5) Zillow Group’s acquisition deal with ShowingTime.com for $500m.