Total Construction & real estate industry deals worth $9.6bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the RE Invest Belgium $2.23bn private equity deal with Befimmo being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.9% over the previous month of $59.35bn and a drop of 70.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $32.07bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 14.34% with 209 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 244 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.64bn in June 2022.
Construction & real estate industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 69.1% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.61bn, against the overall value of $9.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) RE Invest Belgium $2.23bn private equity deal with Befimmo
2) The $1.9bn acquisition of Barrette Outdoor Living by CRH
3) IndInfravit Trust $1.2bn acquisition deal with Gorakhpur Infrastructure,Kosi Bridge InfrastructureLimited,Mumbai Nasik Expressway,Rayalseema Expressway and Simhapuri Expressway
4) The $775m private equity of Welspun Enterprises by Actis
5) SH Residential Holdings $514m acquisition deal with Chesmar Homes,CLM Mortgage,Entitled Insurance Agency and N Title
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.