Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in August 2022, led by United Endeavors Limited’s $408.77m acquisition of Linking Smart, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 90.5% over the previous month of $15.86bn and a drop of 90.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $16.54bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $756.79m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $547.92m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in August 2022 was the US with 43 deals, followed by the UK with 15 and China with eight.
In 2022, as of August, construction & real estate M&A deals worth $109.26bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 27.7% year on year.
construction & real estate industry M&A deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 62.7% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $945.21m, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) United Endeavors Limited’s $408.77m acquisition deal with Linking Smart
2) The $170.56m acquisition of 15.3% stake in Shanghai Luxiangyuan Real Estate by Shanghai Chengtou Holding
3) Guangzhou Merchants Property Development and Wuhan Dabenying Commercial Management’s $127.05m acquisition deal for 34% stake in Guangzhou Zhaoying Real Estate
4) The $122m acquisition of 11.47% stake in Knowledge Economic City and Knowledge Economic City Developers by Taiba Investments
5) Shanghai Hebo Properties ConsultancyLimited’s $116.83m acquisition deal with Shanghai Bozheng PropertiesLimited
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.