Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $1.65bn were announced in Europe in January 2021, led by Jiayuan International Group’s $934.57m acquisition of Luyuan Investment Holdings, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 69% over the previous month of $5.32bn and a drop of 50.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.31bn.
Europe held an 18.69% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $8.83bn in January 2021. With a 12.91% share and deals worth $1.14bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 37 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 49.32% over the previous month and a drop of 19.57% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 13 deals during the month.
Europe construction & real estate industry M&A deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 93.1% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $1.53bn, against the overall value of $1.65bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Jiayuan International Group’s $934.57m acquisition of Luyuan Investment Holdings
2) The $267.42m acquisition of Immofinanz by Aggregate Holdings
3) Aggregate Holdings’ $145.38m acquisition of Sparkassen Immobilien
4) The $98.02m asset transaction with NCC by PensionDanmark A/S (formerly knownPensionDanmark I/S)
5) Supermarket Income REIT’s asset transaction with LaSalle Investment Management for $88.65m.