Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $17bn were announced in the US in April 2021, with $11.01bn merger of Realty Income and VEREIT being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 302.4% over the previous month of $4.22bn and a rise of 522% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.73bn.
The US held a 47.87% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $35.47bn in April 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 70 deals during April 2021, marking an increase of 27.27% over the previous month and a rise of 52.17% over the 12-month average.
US construction & real estate industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $16.98bn, against the overall value of $17bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $11.01bn merger of Realty Income and VEREIT
2) The $3.87bn merger of Kimco Realty and Weingarten Realty Investors
3) Herman Miller’ $1.8bn acquisition of Knoll.
4) The $250m asset transaction with Preferred Apartment Communities by Highwoods Properties
5) Landsea Homes’ acquisition of Vintage Estate Homes for $54.6m.