Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $17bn were announced in the US in April 2021, with $11.01bn merger of Realty Income and VEREIT being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 302.4% over the previous month of $4.22bn and a rise of 522% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.73bn.
The US held a 47.87% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $35.47bn in April 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 70 deals during April 2021, marking an increase of 27.27% over the previous month and a rise of 52.17% over the 12-month average.
US construction & real estate industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $16.98bn, against the overall value of $17bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $11.01bn merger of Realty Income and VEREIT
2) The $3.87bn merger of Kimco Realty and Weingarten Realty Investors
3) Herman Miller’ $1.8bn acquisition of Knoll.
4) The $250m asset transaction with Preferred Apartment Communities by Highwoods Properties
5) Landsea Homes’ acquisition of Vintage Estate Homes for $54.6m.