Total construction & real estate industry private equity deals in Q3 2020 worth $9.61bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 83.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 37.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $15.45bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, South and Central America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $3.06bn. At the country level, Cayman Islands (GD Deals) topped the list in terms of deal value at $3.06bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in Q3 2020 was the US with 23 deals, followed by the UK with seven and India with seven.
In 2020, as of the end of Q3 2020, construction & real estate private equity deals worth $40.51bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 19.5% year on year.
Construction & real estate industry private equity deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry private equity deals accounted for 73.3% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate private equity deals stood at $7.05bn, against the overall value of $9.61bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ABCI Global Opportunitiesâ ABCI China Rising Private Equity three Segregated Portfolio, Advance Power International, CC Eagle Investments, Chan Hoi Wan, China Dragon, Elite Explorer, Golden Fortune Holding, Huatai International Greater Bay Area Investment, Image Frame Investment (HK), SCC Growth VI 2020 B, L.P, Super Brilliant Investments, Tise Opportunity Fund I, Treasure Pitcher, Well Smart Developments and YF Evergreat Property's $3.06bn private equity deal with Mangrove 3
2) The $2.7bn private equity deal with Abu Dhabi Property Leasing HoldingRSC Limited by Apollo Global Management
3) Fortress Investment Group's $540m private equity deal with Leopalace21
4) The $447.03m private equity deal with MAG Investment Assets by Columbia Threadneedle Investments
5) China Everbright Group, Chow Tai Fook Enterprises, CITIC Group, Sequoia China Fund, Tencent Holdings and Yunfeng Fund L.P's private equity deal with China Evergrande Group for $303.2m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.