Total construction & real estate industry private equity deals worth $4.15bn were announced globally in March 2021, with Slate Asset Management’ $2.33bn private equity deal being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 29.1% over the previous month of $5.85bn and a drop of 25.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $5.58bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.43bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.43bn.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry private equity deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in March 2021 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the Germany with four and Sweden with four.
In 2021, as of March, construction & real estate private equity deals worth $18.54bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 27.8% year on year.
construction & real estate industry private equity deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry private equity deals accounted for 98.7% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate private equity deals stood at $4.09bn, against the overall value of $4.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry private equity deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Slate Asset Management’s $2.33bn private equity deal with Annaly Capital Management
2) The $952.7m private equity deal with Aldar Properties by Sublime Commercial Investment
3) Swiss Life Asset Managers’ $513.17m private equity deal with Threestones Capital Management
4) The $195.3m private equity deal with Morris Homes by Atlantic Park Strategic Capital Fund GP
5) Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings, MORE Investment House, Psagot Investment House and Shavit Capital Management’s private equity deal with Veev Group for $100m.