The $150m venture financing of SIDE was the construction & real estate industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $460.86m were announced globally in March 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 411.3% over the previous month of $90.13m and a rise of 164.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $174.25m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $328.91m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $328.91m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2021 was the US with 15 deals, followed by the China with four and Italy with four.
In 2021, as of March, construction & real estate venture financing deals worth $753.38m were announced globally, marking an increase of 5.3% year on year.
construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.4% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $352.22m, against the overall value of $460.86m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Coatue Management, Matrix Partners, Sapphire Ventures and Trinity Ventures’ $150m venture financing of SIDE
2) The $75m venture financing of Pacaso by Acrew Diversify Capital Fund, First American Financial, Global Founders Capital, Greycroft Partners, Jeff Wilke and Shea Ventures
3) 360 Capital Partners, Bonsai Partners, Exor Seeds, Greenoaks Capital Management, P101 SGR, Picus Capital and Project A Services GmbHKG’ $59.59m venture financing of CASAVO Management
4) The $40m venture financing of Belong Home by Austen Allred, Brett Rotchkind, Comerica, Dave Vasen, Elliot Cohen, Eric Wu , Kevin Hartz, Larry Summers, Laurence Tosi, Manish Chandra, Roger Lee, Sam Corcos, Sarah Friar, TJ Parker and William Barnes
5) CYTS Hongqi Fund, IDG Capital, Qianhai Fund of Funds and Yuanhe Holdings’ venture financing of Zhongyan Technology for $27.63m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.