Led by $27.63m venture financing of Zhongyan Technology, total construction & real estate industry venture financing deals worth $56.95m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 44.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 38.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $93.22m.
Asia-Pacific held a 7.56% share of the global construction & real estate industry venture financing deal value that totalled $753.38m in Q1 2021. With a 3.67% share and deals worth $27.63m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 21 deals during Q1 2021, marking an increase of 23.53% over the previous quarter and a rise of 21.74% over the last four-quarter average. Japan recorded seven deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 89.2% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $50.81m, against the overall value of $56.95m recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CYTS Hongqi Fund, IDG Capital, Qianhai Fund of Funds and Yuanhe Holdings’ $27.63m venture financing of Zhongyan Technology
2) The $13.5m venture financing of MGRV by Daesung Investment, HB Investment, KB Investment, Mega Investment, Seoul Investment Partners, TS Investment Partners, Ubiquitous Investment and WE Ventures
3) Capstone Partners Korea, D3 Jubilee Partners, Musinsa Cho Man-ho, Time Folio Asset Management and UTC Investment’s $5.54m venture financing of Local Stitch
4) The $2.11m venture financing of Famitra by Coral Capital, Mizuho Capital and SMBC Venture Capital
5) Globis Capital Partners &, Incubate Fund and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital’s venture financing of TERASS for $2.02m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.