The $200m venture financing of Inversiones MCN was the Construction & real estate industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $562.6m were announced globally in May 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.7% over the previous month of $1.19bn and a drop of 25.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $756.11m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $289.4m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $285.2m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Construction & real estate industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in May 2022 was the US with ten deals, followed by the Italy with two and Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two.
In 2022, as of May, Construction & real estate venture financing deals worth $3.94bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 118% year on year.
Construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five Construction & real estate industry venture financing deals accounted for 70.9% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five Construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $398.7m, against the overall value of $562.6m recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Banco Ahorro FamsaInstitucion de Banca Multiple,Banco Mercantil del Norte,Clocktower Ventures,Endeavor Catalyst,Grupo Financiero Banorte SAB de CV,Henry Kravis,Homebrew and Tiger Global Management $200m venture financing deal with Inversiones MCN
2) The $80m venture financing of Belong Home by Andreessen Horowitz,Battery Ventures,Dan Wenhold and GGV Capital
3) ANIMO Ventures,Blitzscaling Ventures,Canaan Partners,Capital One Growth Ventures,Citi SPRINT,Citi Ventures,Cross River Digital Ventures,First American Title Co,JLL Spark,NFX Capital Management,Parker89 and StepStone Group $70m venture financing deal with LEV
4) The $25m venture financing of Arrived Homes by Bezos Expeditions,Core Innovation Capital,Forerunner Ventures,Good Friends Venture Capital,Neo (United States),PSL Ventures and Spencer Rascoff
5) Korea Development Bank,Korea Investment & Securities,KTB Network,Reverent Partners and Shinhan Financial Group $23.7m venture financing deal with Apart:Mentary
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.