The $142m venture financing of RenoRun was the construction & real estate industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $607.9m were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 4.8% over the previous month of $638.32m and a drop of 3.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $632.47m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $497.86m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $334.23m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the UK with four and Canada with two.
In 2022, as of February, construction & real estate venture financing deals worth $1.25bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 393.1% year on year.
construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.3% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $318m, against the overall value of $607.9m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BDC Capital,Desjardins Regional and Cooperative Capital,Export Development Canada,Fifth Wall Ventures Management,GGV Capital IV,iNovia Capital,Investissement Quebec,Maple VC Partners,Nicola Wealth Management,Obvious Ventures,OpenDoor Venture Capital,Real Ventures,Scale Venture Partners,Silicon Valley Bank,Sonder Capital,Sozo Ventures,Tiger Global Management and TriplePoint Capital $142m venture financing deal with RenoRun
2) The $65m venture financing of BioMason by 2150 UK,Celesta Capital,Hartree Partners,Martin Marietta Materials and Novo Holdings
3) Level Equity $50m venture financing deal with PURE Property Management
4) The $31m venture financing of OwnHome Technologies by Afterwork Ventures,CBA New Digital Businesses,Entree Capital,Global Founders Capital,Possible Ventures and Square Peg Capital
5) Avenir Growth Capital,Cherry Ventures and Spark Capital $30m venture financing deal with Cosuno
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.