The $250m venture financing of Reali was the construction & real estate industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $694m were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 215.1% over the previous month of $220.26m and a rise of 148.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $279.29m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $550.79m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $549.99m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with ten deals, followed by the UK with three and China with three.
In 2021, as of August, construction & real estate venture financing deals worth $3.3bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 73.3% year on year.
construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals accounted for 89.3% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $620m, against the overall value of $694m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Akkadian Ventures,Signia Ventures and Zeev Ventures $250m venture financing deal with Reali
2) The $200m venture financing of Divvy Homes by Andreessen Horowitz,Caffeinated Capital,GGV Capital,GIC,Moore Specialty Credit Fund II and Tiger Global Management
3) A/O Proptech,Brookfield Technology Partners,Highland Europe (UK),Mubadala Development,RXR Realty and Target Global $100m venture financing deal with Plentific
4) The $40m venture financing of Brilliant Home Technology by August Capital Partners,Celesta Global Capital Managers,Gaingels,Miramar Ventures,Next47,Peak State Ventures and Resideo Technologies
5) Alexa Fund,Asahi Kasei,ATEL Capital Group,Ferguson Ventures,Obvious Ventures,Paris Ventures and Western Technology Investment $30m venture financing deal with Plant Prefab
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.