Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a flat growth in cross border deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Apollo European Principal Finance Fund III’s $998.26m acquisition of Ente Nazionale di Previdenza ed Assistenza dei Medici e degli Odontoiatri (ENPAM), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 27 construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $2.1bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 27 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 15 transactions, representing a 55.6% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with nine deals, followed by venture financing deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 33.3% and 11.1% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $998.26m, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $950.67m and $127.38m, respectively.
Europe construction & real estate industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate cross border deals accounted for 98.7% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate cross border deals stood at $2.05bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo European Principal Finance Fund III $998.26m private equity deal with Ente Nazionale di Previdenza ed Assistenza dei Medici e degli Odontoiatri (ENPAM)
2) The $693.35m acquisition of 11.8% stake in Entra by Castellum
3) Cementos Molins $177.99m acquisition deal with Calucem
4) The $100m venture financing of Plentific by A/O Proptech,Brookfield Technology Partners,Highland Europe (UK),Mubadala Development,RXR Realty and Target Global
5) Storebrand $79.33m acquisition deal with Capital Investment