Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 23.19% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Castellum’s $4.1bn acquisition of Kungsleden, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 53 construction & real estate industry deals worth $7.2bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 69 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 32 transactions, representing a 60.4% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with 13 deals, followed by venture financing deals with eight transactions, respectively capturing a 24.5% and 15.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $5.07bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $1.99bn and $128.73m, respectively.
Europe construction & real estate industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 96.6% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $6.94bn, against the overall value of $7.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Castellum $4.1bn acquisition deal with Kungsleden
2) The $998.26m private equity of Ente Nazionale di Previdenza ed Assistenza dei Medici e degli Odontoiatri (ENPAM) by Apollo European Principal Finance Fund III
3) Aermont Capital $973.48m private equity deal with Keepmoat Homes
4) The $693.35m acquisition of 11.8% stake in Entra by Castellum
5) Cementos Molins $177.99m acquisition deal with Calucem