Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 25.81% in deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Jiayuan International Group’s $934.57m acquisition of Luyuan Investment Holdings, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 46 construction & real estate industry deals worth $1.65bn were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 62 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 37 transactions, representing an 80.4% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with five deals, followed by venture financing deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 10.9% and 8.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $1.65bn, followed by venture financing deals totalled $2.86m.
Europe construction & real estate industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 93% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $1.53bn, against the overall value of $1.65bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Jiayuan International Group’s $934.57m acquisition of Luyuan Investment Holdings
2) The $267.42m acquisition deal with Immofinanz by Aggregate Holdings
3) Aggregate Holdings’ $145.38m acquisition of Sparkassen Immobilien
4) The $98.02m asset transaction with NCC by PensionDanmark A/S (formerly knownPensionDanmark I/S)
5) Supermarket Income REIT’s asset transaction with LaSalle Investment Management for $88.65m.