Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 57.14% in deal activity during March 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Corem Property Group’s $2.25bn acquisition of Klovern, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 99 construction & real estate industry deals worth $6.51bn were announced for the region in March 2021, against the 12-month average of 63 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in March 2021 with 71 transactions, representing a 71.7% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with 18 deals, followed by venture financing deals with ten transactions, respectively capturing an 18.2% and 10.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $5.66bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $759.69m and $95.16m, respectively.
Europe construction & real estate industry deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 95.2% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $6.2bn, against the overall value of $6.51bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Corem Property Group’s $2.25bn acquisition of Klovern
2) The $2.11bn acquisition deal with ChelPipe by Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya
3) Immofinanz’s $1.13bn acquisition of Sparkassen Immobilien
4) The $513.17m private equity deal with Threestones Capital Management by Swiss Life Asset Managers
5) Atlantic Park Strategic Capital Fund GP’s private equity deal with Morris Homes for $195.3m.