North America’s construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 11.59% in deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by LafargeHolcim’s $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 77 construction & real estate industry deals worth $8.12bn were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 69 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 62 transactions, representing an 80.5% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with eight deals, followed by venture financing deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 10.4% and 9.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s construction & real estate industry with $6.09bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $1.92bn and $103.38m, respectively.
North America construction & real estate industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 98.7% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $8.01bn, against the overall value of $8.12bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) LafargeHolcim’s $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC
2) The $2.64bn merger deal with Landcadia Holdings III and The Hillman Group
3) EQT Partners’ $1.87bn private equity deal with Exeter Property Group
4) The $50m private equity deal with Four Springs Capital Trust by Goldman Sachs Vintage Funds
5) Foundry Group, Greycroft Partners and Maveron’s venture financing of Caliza for $45m.