North America’s construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 8.22% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by VICI Properties’ $17.2bn acquisition of MGM Growth Properties, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 79 construction & real estate industry deals worth $22.3bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 73 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 55 transactions, representing a 69.6% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with 12 deals, followed by venture financing deals with 12 transactions, respectively capturing a 15.2% and 15.2% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s construction & real estate industry with $20.98bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $787.5m and $550.79m, respectively.
North America construction & real estate industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 96.1% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $21.45bn, against the overall value of $22.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) VICI Properties $17.2bn acquisition deal with MGM Growth Properties
2) The $3.1bn acquisition of WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
3) Sun Capital Partners $411m private equity deal with Select Interior Concepts
4) The $408m acquisition of 80% stake in Castlerock Communities by Daiwa House USA Holdings
5) Oak Hill Advisors $326.5m private equity deal with Workspace Property Trust