UK construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 100.00% in overall deal activity during March 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Atlantic Park Strategic Capital Fund GP’s $195.3m private equity deal with Morris Homes, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 36 deals worth $314.7m were announced in March 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 18 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 31 deals, which accounted for 86.1% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with three deals, followed by venture financing with two transactions, respectively accounting for 8.3% and 5.6% of overall deal activity in the UK technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the UK construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $216.92m, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $95.5m and $2.28m respectively.
UK construction & real estate industry deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 94.3% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $296.8m, against the overall value of $314.7m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atlantic Park Strategic Capital Fund GP’s $195.3m private equity deal with Morris Homes
2) The $40.45m acquisition of J Browne ConstructionLimited by Renew
3) BGF Investment Management’s $21.62m private equity deal with Burrington Estates
4) The $20.64m acquisition deal with Honour Advent by KLT Holdings (BVI) L.P
5) Solid State’s acquisition of American Electronic Components and Willow Technologies for $18.79m.