US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 13.25% in overall deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Blackstone Property Partners, Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and The Blackstone Group’s $12.8bn private equity deal with American Campus Communities, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 72 deals worth $22.1bn were announced in April 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 83 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 50 deals, which accounted for 69.4% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with 14 deals, followed by private equity with eight transactions, respectively accounting for 19.4% and 11.1% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $20.4bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $966.1m and $771.66m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $22.03bn, against the overall value of $22.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Property Partners,Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and The Blackstone Group $12.8bn private equity deal with American Campus Communities
2) The $7.6bn private equity of PS Business Parks by Blackstone Real Estate Advisors
3) Allegion $900m acquisition deal with Stanley Access Technologies
4) The $675m venture financing of The Boring by Brookfield Property Partners,Craft Ventures,Dacra Development,DFJ Growth Fund,Eight Partners,Founders Fund,Lennar,Sequoia Capital Operations,Tishman Speyer Properties,Valor Equity Partners and VY Capital
5) Modiv $56.1m acquisition deal with Lindsay Precast
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.