US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 13.25% in overall deal activity during May 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Brookfield Asset Management’s $3.8bn private equity deal with Watermark Lodging Trust, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 72 deals worth $7.4bn were announced in May 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 83 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 51 deals, which accounted for 70.8% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with 11 deals, followed by venture financing with ten transactions, respectively accounting for 15.3% and 13.9% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $4.02bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $3.12bn and $285.2m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 96.6% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $7.17bn, against the overall value of $7.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management $3.8bn private equity deal with Watermark Lodging Trust
2) The $3bn acquisition of C.H.I. Overhead Doors by Nucor
3) Ferrovial and Macquarie Asset Management Holding $215m private equity deal with Inspiration Mobility
4) The $80m venture financing of Belong Home by Andreessen Horowitz,Battery Ventures,Dan Wenhold and GGV Capital
5) ANIMO Ventures,Blitzscaling Ventures,Canaan Partners,Capital One Growth Ventures,Citi SPRINT,Citi Ventures,Cross River Digital Ventures,First American Title Co,JLL Spark,NFX Capital Management,Parker89 and StepStone Group $70m venture financing deal with LEV
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.