US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 6.94% in overall deal activity during October 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Gazit Hercules 2020’s $1.68bn acquisition of Atrium European Real Estate, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 67 deals worth $3bn were announced in October 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 72 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 47 deals, which accounted for 70.2% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with 11 deals, followed by venture financing with nine transactions, respectively accounting for 16.4% and 13.4% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $2.01bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $950m and $82.32m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 99.05% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $3.01bn, against the overall value of $3bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gazit Hercules 2020 $1.68bn acquisition deal with Atrium European Real Estate
2) The $950m private equity of Oak Street Real Estate Capital by Blue Owl Capital
3) Jones Lang LaSalle $300m acquisition deal with Building Engines
4) The $55m venture financing of Zeus Living by CEAS Investments I,Eric Wu ,Initialized Capital,Miras,NFX Ventures,Susquehanna International Group and TI Platform Management
5) Clough North America Holding $28.25m acquisition deal with JJ White