US construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 7.58% in overall deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by VICI Properties’ $17.2bn acquisition of MGM Growth Properties, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 71 deals worth $19.1bn were announced in August 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 66 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 51 deals, which accounted for 71.8% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with ten deals, followed by venture financing with ten transactions, respectively accounting for 14.1% and 14.1% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $17.85bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $737.5m and $549.99m, respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 97.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $18.6bn, against the overall value of $19.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) VICI Properties $17.2bn acquisition deal with MGM Growth Properties
2) The $411m private equity of Select Interior Concepts by Sun Capital Partners
3) Daiwa House USA Holdings $408m acquisition deal for 80% stake in Castlerock Communities
4) The $326.5m private equity of Workspace Property Trust by Oak Hill Advisors
5) Akkadian Ventures,Signia Ventures and Zeev Ventures $250m venture financing deal with Reali