Arabtec has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Defence and Military Production of Egypt, to develop and build one million units of middle-income housing in several locations across the country.
Under the MoU signed on behalf of the Egyptian Government, Arabtec's subsidiaries will develop and construct the residential communities in 13 locations across Egypt in various governorates with an overall land area of over 160 million m².
Of the total land area, 149 million m² will be in the Cairo governorate and the remaining area will be divided between the governorates of Alexandria, Maanoufiyah, Fayyoum, Bani Suwaif, Al Menyah, Asyout, Souhag, Qana and Luxur.
Birmingham City Council has unveiled a 25-year Birmingham Curzon high speed 2 (HS2) master plan that includes the re-development of 141ha of Birmingham city centre around the site of a HS2 railway station.
The master plan includes the construction of more than 600,000m² of new business space and 2,000 new homes around the new station, Birmingham Curzon.
In addition to creating about 14,000 jobs, the re-development is expected to boost Birmingham's economy by £1.3bn each year.
Capital & Counties Properties (Capco) and Transport for London (TfL) have formed a joint venture (JV) to develop the first phases of the £8bn Earls Court master plan.
The Earls Court partnership JV will allow the re-development of Earls Court one and two exhibition centres to commence.
Capco will own a 63% stake in the JV, while TfL will own the remaining 37%.
Designed by architect Sir Terry Farrell, the scheme will comprise of 10.1 million ft² of development space and a new five acre park for London.
The London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) has shortlisted six developers to build about 1,500 homes at the East Wick and Sweetwater neighbourhoods on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The shortlisted developers are Carillion-igloo and Genesis Housing Association, Grainger, Lend Lease, L&Q, Mace and Argent, Places for People and Balfour Beatty.
All six developers will now go through to the next stage of the bidding process and a winner will be announced this autumn.
TMG Partners and Northwood Investors have selected Foster + Partners and Heller Manus Architects to design a two million ft² mixed-use project in San Francisco, US.
TMG Partners is developing the project, named the First and Mission, with financial partner Northwood Investors.
Planned to be built in the Transbay Area, the project will feature two towers, one of 60 storeys and the other 85 storeys.
The taller tower will feature 1.35 million ft² of office and commercial space including a hotel, while the shorter tower will have 650,000ft² of residential space.
A design team lead by Dennis Lau & Ng Chun Man Architects & Engineers, with support from West 8 and ACLA, has been selected by the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (WKCDA) to design and manage the development of the Park project in Hong Kong.
With the initial concept design anticipated to be rolled out in the autumn, Park will be opened in phases beginning from 2015.
Works will include supervising the construction project across the entire park site, designing a range of small-scale arts and cultural venues, including the Arts Pavilion, a M+ museum, and freespace venues.
The University of Cambridge has selected Skanska UK as the preferred contractor for the infrastructure work on the first phase of the £1bn North West Cambridge Development.
The £50m infrastructure package will involve the installation of a site-wide sustainable urban drainage system, which will move rainwater through a series of swales towards a lagoon, before the water is treated and pumped back into the homes for non-potable water uses.
It will also include the delivery of all utilities such as gas, water, electricity, data / communications and co-ordination of the installation of the site-wide district heating network.
Canary Wharf Group (CWG) has secured planning approval from Tower Hamlets Council to construct a 58-storey residential tower on the London Docklands site in the UK.
The tower is planned to be built on the Newfoundland site and will house 566 suites and one, two and three-bedroom apartments.
CWG said the apartments will be 11ft 'floor-to-floor', allowing for greater ceiling heights than those at other residential towers in the surrounding area.