Construction work on the $55m Solar and Wind farm 28 MW located in Irvine, North Ayrshire, the UK commenced in Q4 2021. It was announced in Q1 2020.
The project involves the construction of a solar and wind farm on 23ha of land with a combined capacity of 28MW.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of a substation
2. Construction of access roads
3. Installation of 42,000 solar panels
4. Installation of two wind turbines of 4MW each
5. Installation of transformers
6. Laying of transmission lines
Construction on the project, spread across 23 hectares, is expected to be completed by Q4 2025.
Owners of the project include the UK-based GlaxoSmithKline.