Construction work on the $529m Kansas City Levees Flood Protection Development located in Kansas City, Missouri, the US commenced in Q4 2021. It was announced in Q1 2020.
The project involves the construction of a flood protection project in Kansas City, Missouri, the US.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 7,620m of concrete floodwall
2. Construction of 120 relief wells
3. Improvements to 40 drainage structures
4. Installation of safety and security systems
5. Modifications to 175 existing utilities
Construction on the project is expected to be completed by Q4 2026.
Owners of the project include the United States Army Corps of Engineers.